By Cecile Baltasar for Yahoo Southeast Asia – Mon, Feb 10, 2014 1:29 PM PHT
Nothing gives Valentine's Day an extra layer of cheese than perfectly
planned and expertly executed surprises. Check out these six true
stories, for example. They’re the very reasons that make Valentine
season all about love.
High school harana
"There was a school event when we were in high school that required the boys to wear their Barong Tagalog.
After the event, I was asked by a friend to go with her to the
restroom. I was suspicious, but I went with her anyway. When we got
back to the classroom, I saw that the chairs in the middle had been
pushed to the sides. Standing at the front of the classroom was a group
of about 15 guys in their barong—plus shades—and one of them had a
guitar at the ready. My not-yet-boyfriend, who was courting me then,
gave a signal and the group began singing. Their song choice? "Harana" by Parokya ni Edgar. Yes, uso pa rin ang harana." -Camille, architect
Reversed roles
“On
our first Valentine together, I made it explicitly clear to my then
boyfriend, who’s 11 years younger than me, that I didn't want a fancy
date. But secretly, I’d asked a florist friend to deliver a bouquet of
blue roses to my boyfriend. The card simply said, "Just because it's a
Tuesday." He was speechless and later admitted that it was the first
time he received flowers from a girl. I knew he was expecting a date
with me that night, but I told him we had to visit my cousin in the
hospital. For my surprise, though, I’d conspired with the driver to drop
us off a block away from the hospital, at a posh hotel. I’d reserved a
table for two, where dinner and wine were waiting. I wanted to, even for
a day, make him feel all the things he makes me feel every day. And
that got him—hook, line, and sinker. Today, this 39-year-old woman is
married to that 28-year-old. And she is still counting flowers he sends
her, V-day or no V-day.” -Mayling, college professor
Also read: When He's Ready To Marry You
Bear-y love
“When
I was in third-year college, my boyfriend gave me a surprise I’ll never
forget. It has to do with teddy bears, which I collect. I was in the
cafeteria with my friends when my boyfriend ran in, all sweaty, and
asked me to go with him to the field. What I found there blew my mind—my
boyfriend used hundreds of teddy bears to spell out a huge “I love you”
on the grass. So sweet!” -Jennifer, customer service representative
Love in the time of Hunger Games
“I
already knew that my girlfriend was a huge Hunger Games fan even before
we went steady. So I used that to ask her to be my girlfriend on
Valentine’s Day last year. I printed out clues using Hunger Games trivia
and hid them all throughout her house. For the last clue, the
instructions were to go outside to the garden. There, she found me under
their mango tree (which I had strung up with Christmas lights). I was
holding flowers in one hand and in another, I held up a sign that said,
“Will you be the Katniss to my Peeta?” We’ve been together since then.”
-Bryan, college student
Also read: How To Make Him 'Kilig'
Run, Forrest, Run
“I’d
just finished a 21k run in Nuvali, and I wasn’t expecting my girlfriend
to be there. We had plans to meet up for a late lunch in Makati. That’s
why I was so surprised to see her at the finish line. She brought me to
her car, which was parked under some trees. She had laid out a
breakfast picnic inside. She folded down the back seat, spread out a
picnic blanket and filled it with all my favorite breakfast food. She
even brought out folding chairs so we could use the open trunk as a
table. That’s been my favorite run, so far.” -Quito, entrepreneur
The ultimate Valentine
“Three
years ago, on Valentine’s Day, I was surprised and a little confused
when I found a small red envelope in my bag that had a card inside with a
single word on it: “Will.” When I went down to my suki Starbucks that
afternoon for my usual mocha frap, the barista there, who already knew
me, gave me another red envelope with my order. In the envelope was
another card that said, “You.” I called my then-boyfriend to ask if he
was behind the cards, but he never answered. When I was getting ready to
leave the office, my boss walked to my cubicle and handed me a third
red envelope. The card read, “Marry me?” I screamed when I read that and
when I looked up, I saw my boyfriend walking to me with a long-stemmed
red rose. He got down on one knee, held out a ring box, and asked me,
“Please?” Of course, how could I say no after all that?” -Marilen,
copywriter
Source: ph.she.yahoo.com
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento